Friday, May 1, 2009

A Walk in the 'Hood

I'm still pretty lame. Still pretty sick. Still pretty obsessed with the Twilight series. Because of these things, my time behind the camera has been limited. I will say that despite my horrible comments about Ian's daycare, they did give him a really great farewell. He got a little party, a bouncy house for his class, and they made him a neat scrapbook, which was very well done and thought out. I felt a little bad for all the things I said after I saw what they did for him.


There were lots of tears from the teachers when I came to pick him up yesterday and one of the gals asked if she could babysit. For that purpose, she would be great...and I'm glad to finally have a resource aside from Grandma Trish that I think I could trust.

Once I have the chance, I'll get some of the photos and artwork scanned and posted...I need to find the energy first, though!

Potty training is going great! Ian had his first accident free school day yesterday, which made for a nice farewell. I didn't have to take a bag of stinky clothes home with me. He has been mostly accident free at home for over a week now, so our next obstacles will be transitioning those habits to the new school, and then venturing out of the house in underpants. (GASP!) That scares me.

Yesterday, Ian and I were having a conversation (yes, an actual back and forth conversation) and I suddenly realized he has had a big surge in speech since leaving Mona's therapy sessions. She would be so impressed if she saw him today. I might try to make a coffee date with her after one of her Ridge meetings so she can see how well he's doing. He is doing great at asking Why questions (I'm sure those will only increase) and can make decisions and choices with explanation. That's hard to explain, but basically, if I ask him if he wants grapes or blueberries, he'll tell me he wants blueberries, and then why he wants blueberries...or how he wants them (bossy little sucker).

Until I get more pictures up, the below is a "then and now" of Ian out for a walk almost a year apart (give or take a month). Pretty amazing. The pants he's wearing in the first pictures are rolled halfway up his leg and now would be VERY high water. It's easy to see how, although he's still considered short for his age, he's getting longer and leaner. Time changes everything!

This weekend, we plan to do some gardening with a trip to the rock quarry and nursery, and then family friends from Texas visit Sunday. So much for resting up after this horrible week of illness for me. I'll have to find another way to get better (Like drugs. Lots of drugs. Just kidding!).


No comments:

Post a Comment