Monday, April 27, 2009

Mommy the Lame Blogger Here...

I'm a little lame. I admit it. Not only have I been spending all my free time reading (I'm addicted to the Twilight series, finally), but I'm sick again. AGAIN! This time, my voice went and going on day 4 of very little to say. For those wondering, I don't have Swine Flu! If I had a dollar for every person who cracked that joke at me today, I could buy a pizza.

I do have very good news to report on the potty training front. Ian went 3 days (Fri-Sun) with NO accidents and only one at school today. That even included a long outing on Saturday. He is still afraid to use public toilets, but I'm not a big fan either, so that might take some time.

Last week, it took him until Friday to get as many stickers as he already has for 2 days so far this week. I'm so proud of him. He's slowly starting to understand that he is capable of "holding it", but also that "keeping it clean" is a good thing.

He is also getting more comfortable playing alone in his room and I was even able to go downstairs and do dishes while he played contently. He yelled down the stairs that he needed to go potty and I sprinted faster than I ever have in order to get there in time...and I did get there in time. It was a nice feeling. Next time I might not run so fast.

On Saturday, we made an outing to Target to pick out Ian's very first lunchbox. He picked a Lightening McQueen lunch tote, but doesn't understand what it's for yet. We'll have to give it a trial run one of these days so he gets the point.

Nothing much this week. I have a very busy week at work on top of getting over laryngitis and another sinus thing. Ian has another "play date" at his new school Friday, and then starts next Monday.

Gotta get back to my book. I only have 200 pages left in New Moon....but to avoid hate mail about my putting books ahead of my son, I did manage to get some pictures of Ian with his new water table as well as some cute shots talking to Grandma Trish on the phone.

Have a great week everyone...and stay healthy!



Ian talking to Grandma Trish on the phone....
...and talking some more.

Last week's sticker tally
Playing contently in his room


Playing with the water table (sans water), a birthday gift from Uncle Rex

1 comment:

  1. Fellow bookworm here! Totally get the being "in" to a book. Ian looks like he is doing GREAT! I love following his and Polli's adventures.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete