Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Highlights

We had a great Easter at Shawn's parents yesterday and captured some great moments. As usual, I did a "before and after" to show just how grown up Ian looks now. He really was still so much baby last year, it's startling to me (although uncle Mark apparently wore the same shirt).

We headed out early and had a nice laid back day of snack foods and panini sandwiches instead of the boring classic ham. The day went fast and before we knew it, it was time to do our Easter Egg Hunt. It was pouring down rain, so we did it inside, which turned out just fine. Ian caught on to the technique quickly and ignored the eggs filled with money in lieu of jelly beans and chocolate (shocking!). As a result, he was really bouncing off the walls on the way home but crashed easily and hasn't asked for another piece of candy since.

I realize that I spent about $50 too much on his basket. I could have included one or two toys and one treat, and he would have been more than happy.

Probably most important was that he went the entire day without a potty accident. Amazing since we were in someone else's house. As it ends up, he went the entire weekend with one accident. Pretty amazing considering how frustrated I was just a few days ago!

Unfortunately, all that success (which included this morning) unravelled at school. I suspected it would. When I picked him up, he was wearing a diaper and had been in one most of the day. She said he didn't have success all day. I told him we'd try one time before leaving. I let him pick the potty he wanted to use and he sat down and pee'd immediately. Ha. I asked for a pair of underpants, dressed him and we left. I wasn't very happy about their lack of effort.

Shortly after getting home, it started snowing! We kind of knew it was coming, but it's still hard to believe it's snowing this late in the year. We did have snow after Easter last year, but Easter was in March, so that's understandable. I'm so sick of the snow it isn't even funny. I'm pretty sure Shawn could sell software from just about anywhere... so what are we doing in Washington? Ughh. It's frustrating. It's a great place to raise Ian, but come on. Some sun, maybe? We'd better have one killer summer after this winter!


2 comments:

  1. Now that's an Easter basket! Can you do mine next year? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore his glasses. I know I have told you that before - but seriously - SO cute.

    ReplyDelete