Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sticker Mania



Ian happily wishes each and every one of you a fabulous Easter!

I wanted to post some impromptu pictures of Ian's phenomenal potty success the past 2 days. He is really on a roll and seems to be slowly getting the hang of telling us when he needs to go...It doesn't always include enough time to get his pants down and sitting, but he's doing really great. What a turnaround in just a day! Looking at his calendar, it's easy to see where it all falls apart: the school week. We'll have to work through that with his teachers, but ultimately this pattern of weekend success is a step in the right direction.
Check out all these stickers! He hit 10 stickers early this morning (where I drew a line to start over). He picked a Matchbox car, which turned out to be a lime green '76 Thunderbird to match his shirt. We're calling it his "hooptee car".

Unfortunately, it was absolutely pouring down rain right when the Easter Egg hunt was supposed to start at our neighborhood park. We skipped it and played (and added more stickers). Shawn and I both had tons of errands to run today, so it was fine. Ian had no idea, so no harm done. We plan to do a hunt at grandma & grandpa's house tomorrow anyway.

I spent over an hour putting together his basket and filling plastic eggs, after he went to bed. In the end, his basket is reminiscent of the baskets I was used to growing up. Shawn said it made him sick (or that could have just been the leftover candy he was shovelling in while I was finishing).

I'm sure I'll have lots to tell after tomorrow. Until then, enjoy your day with family and friends! Happy Easter!


Enjoying his "hooptee" car


We just get more done while sitting on the pot these days


Check out all those smilies!!! In one day, he reached one goal and is more than half way to another. In all, I changed one wet diaper and rinsed one pair of undies... That's what I call a successful day!


Ian's Easter Morning loot

I know it looks like I just threw a bunch of stuff in a basket, but there is a method to my madness, I swear!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like the baskets I make my kids...David thinks I'm nuts too. :) This year we were at Sakura-con so they didn't get baskets but got lots of other goodies. :) They're all teenagers and still want their Easter baskets!!

    Nice car that Ian picked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every man's dream, the lap top on the pot. Shhh don't tell my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Can I have Easter at your house next year?! It all looks so fun. And yummy! Love all the pics and the charts and the reports. Good stuff goin' on there for the little Man :)

    Good for you on the responses to the anonymous commenters. For pete's sake, when you have a differing opinion than the blog author, at least have the you-know-what to own that opinion. To claim that opinion. Misguided tho it may be.

    I am glad you blog - I enjoy the stuff I learn from your journey. You are about a year or year and a half ahead of us and it helps (as you said) to have realistic expectations. I've seen that here. Keep on doin' what your doin.

    As you can tell, this comment is in response to a whole bunch of your recent posts. Been away for a few days and am just now catching up!

    ReplyDelete