Sunday, March 15, 2009

What's Ian up to? About 37 Inches.

We had a 100% nothing weekend. We went nowhere and accomplished pretty much nothing. I am finally seeing the light at the end tunnel with my stomach bug, I think. We've also had really crazy weather. Aside from the range we had last week from record cold, snow, and short sleeve temps, today alone it ranged from driving snow, to rain, to thunder and lightening (along with power flickers), the heaviest hail I've ever seen...and now it's sunny and freezing cold. All before 5pm. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring. It's days like this that I wish I could jump a plane to Phoenix and sit by my parents' pool!

So I have nothing to report. We took a whopping 10 pictures this weekend, which might as well be zero for me.

Yesterday, Ian was playing in the kitchen and I snapped a shot of him standing next to the counter. I compared it to a picture of him in the kitchen from a little over a year ago. Wow, what a difference. He looked at that picture and said "who's that baby?". Even he didn't recognize himself. He can now reach the counter and across it by about 10 inches. It means moving everything sharp or heavy just a little further back...including the almost ever present knife on my cutting board. Yikes!



Ian is only about 6 or 7 inches taller than in this picture, but that's over only a year's time... and I'm pretty sure he has gained all that height in his legs. His hair is also a pretty big difference. Long gone are my worries that he would be a permanently bald kid.

1 comment:

  1. Cute - he and Charlotte are the same height now! Ian really shot up!

    ReplyDelete