Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Fever

Not that you would know it by our weather lately, but today is the first day of Spring! I, for one, am looking very forward to warmer weather. I'm realistic enough to know that I live in Washington, so warmer means the 50's and the occasional 60 degree day. I know it will be rainy and windy until June or July. That's fine, I guess, as long as the 30's and snow TAKE A HIKE!

Hard to believe Ian's 3rd birthday is coming up on the 28th. We do not have a birthday party planned; it seems like a big expense for 3, but next year I would like to do it up big. I have no idea what we'll do, but Shawn and I have yet to start shopping for him. We've pawned Ian off on Grandma Trish again tonight so we can go shopping without trying to hide purchases. I'm pretty sure we'll be going to the L-E-G-O store, and a trip to Toys R Us.

Ian's big passion right now is puzzles, so we're trying to capitalize on that. We're also going to be refreshing his book selection and getting rid of some of his baby board books. More than anything else, I want to add to his outdoor toy selection, which is pretty pathetic. We can't have anything that can't be stored small in the Winter, so that limits our options. Luckily, we're within walking distance to several parks, so the big stuff isn't as necessary.

We're also looking forward to Easter. We didn't really celebrate it with Ian last year. He was still not quite ready to take on holidays yet and didn't get it at all. This year, we're talking about the Easter Bunny, Spring, and Easter Egg Hunting. He still doesn't completely understand that it's coming or why...but he really got into decorating eggs. We only did a dozen at first and after it was a success, I've decided we'll do it again before Bunny Day. I only had to raise my voice once or twice (just kidding), but our biggest disaster was that he wanted to splash the eggs into the dye...and also wanted to clap them together like maracas. Not a good idea with hard boiled eggs!
I have no idea how they expect people to color eggs with that little wire holder, though. We're still getting the dye off his hands.

Below are some pics of Ian coloring eggs along with a few from another crafty affair... Recycle was going out and Shawn took the opportunity to make Ian a "costume" from diaper and wipes boxes. It was pretty hilarious. Also some pics of Ian pretending to sleep and snuggling with Polli.

Getting prepped to color eggs.

Giving me instructions

This isn't going to be messy or anything!



Ask him to "say cheese" and this is what you get...

He got the hang of it fast.

He really wanted to put 2 eggs in one cup. I'll have to work it out so that can happen next time

My favorite picture. We're still getting that dye off his hands. How did I do it when I was little? I'm sure I didn't use that dumb wire holder

Pretending to sleep. He wakes up with this smile EVERY morning


I think this is the closest thing I've captured to his "gotcha" pictures in China.



Laying on the couch with Polli

Getting suited up in his "costume"


He didn't really like it... It lasted about 5 seconds, but was pretty darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment