Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy June-uary!

It may almost be summer, but you wouldn't know it if you lived in Seattle. We are pressing our luck to get out of the 50's the past couple of weeks and our mountains are expecting snow! Not enough for the ski resorts to reopen (they just closed two weekends ago), but snow in June is ridiculous.

I think I might have blogged about each and every day we've hit over 70 degrees this spring, which I can count on one hand, and as I type this, the furnace is kicking on. Did I mention that it's June? Unbelievable.

The weathermen around here are calling this "June-uary" and it looks like it may shape up to be the coldest June in Seattle history. I've even heard a joke about making a fortune by marketing polar fleece bathing suits this year... I didn't think that was funny at all.

So, to battle the depression over the weather, I thought I would re-post the first video we received of Ian back in early June of last year. A wonderful family on a heritage trip with their daughter visited Ian's orphanage and took video for us. Many folks have watched it in the past, but it's always fun to reminisce.

We were so amazed to see an observant, quiet, PATIENT boy amidst the chaos of the orphanage... The observant part is still very true, but I'm not sure who this quiet and patient little guy is. It sure isn't Ian! We couldn't get over the fact that this chubby little cutie was our son!




2 comments:

  1. I think the only place in the west warm right now is your mother's. Maybe she would like a visit from her youngest daughter. At least you could warm up!!! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!! How funny.... fleece bathingsuits. I feel so lucky. Oh, by the way; It was 107 today. On a differant note; We can't believe how much Ian has changed in a year.He was cute then and even cuter now if thats possible.

    ReplyDelete