Sunday, June 8, 2008

On the Mend

Well, Ian had a rough Friday night of up and down fever readings. Through the night, he went as high as 104.9 and as low as 102.1. He slept until 9am Saturday, making for a nice 16 hours of sleep, which I think did wonders for him. By 11, he was ready for a nap, and was pretty much his chipper self by mid afternoon.

He stayed in his PJ's all day and I even turned on the TV for him, which I rarely do. We sat and watched a full episode of Go Diego Go, and he was really into it. It was a good way to get him to engage in activity without being overly active.

Today, he is at almost 100%. A little whiny...wanting mom a little more than usual, and took a long nap plus a power nap in the late afternoon, and is in bed for the night already...so he still needs the extra sleep.

His appetite came back big time today as did his thirst. He downed almost a full container of Pedialyte in the last 24 hours and drank 2 full glasses of water between dinner and bath time.

Thanks for the many comments and emails wishing Ian well. I apologize for being so dramatic on Friday, but it was pretty scary to see him so despondent and after reading that high temp on the thermometer, my mind went wild with the possibilities of what could go wrong.

Thank goodness for the nurses at UW Pediatrics. I'm sure they get calls like mine all the time. It's comforting to know that high fevers are pretty ho hum for them. I'm probably only one of a million moms who dealt with a high fever like that on Friday alone. I think next time I won't panic so quickly (or will I?).

Here's proof that Ian bounced back pretty quickly. These are from Saturday.

Jello for breakfast? Maybe being sick isn't too bad after all!

He's had Jello before, but it was an especially silly experience today.


Ian LOVES taking medicine. Any kind. It's particularly difficult to pry the syringe away from him afterward.

If you look closely, you can see some of the pudding on his face leftover from dinner. Jello for breakfast...Pudding for dinner! He deserved it after such a tough weekend.

Blanket is never far away...an oasis at the end of a long day.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad to hear and see that Ian is getting better. He probably got it from you. Kids rebound fairly quickly;ask me, I am an expert after raising 3.I think it is God just making sure moms are paying attention and not taking a healthy kid for granted.

    ReplyDelete