Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday Fun

I went the entire day yesterday without seeing Ian. He was asleep when I left for work at 5:30am, was gone with Shawn when I got home at 3pm, and Shawn darted in and straight to his crib at 8:30pm. I didn't lay eyes on him even once. I wasn't prepared for how much I would be affected by his absence. Isn't it amazing how kids can just make you turn to total mush when you least expect it?

So today was my day to make up for some time that I missed this week and to give Shawn a break. I handled breakfast, lunch, and dinner, bath, bed...and everything in between. After nap/lunch, I watched what I could stomach of the Seahawks game while Ian played, and then the two of us went to Toys R Us, Target, and had a treat together at Starbucks. It was a pretty great day. In the midst of it all, we had lots of Saturday fun with a few new toys we invented...or bought. Tomorrow is another day; we'll see what adventures await us!


Ian is intrigued with Polli's dog dishes. We're doing our best to keep him out, but this morning he just wanted to stare at them.

He loved this cardboard box turned tunnel. Just a month ago, this would have scared him, but today, he crawled back and forth several times laughing at himself like it was the coolest trick ever.

This exciting toy is another one of dad's inventions: A lint roller with a dog toy stuck to the end. If he's not giggling at the sticky stuff on his hands, he's laughing at the bouncy feeling when it hits things.

Ian loves to look at our photo albums. Today, he stared at pictures of Shawn's brother Matt and his family, whom he hasn't met yet. Here, he was pointing at this picture of me and our niece Taylor and said mama...for the first time in a couple weeks.

Dishwasher basketball. This toy is for the tub, but tonight the game was in the kitchen. Ian has a wicked hook shot.

2 comments:

  1. You guys come up with the greatest ideas improvising new ways to play with Ian's toys. Ian looks so tall standing by the dishwasher. What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    It's Ashleigh Ian is getting cutier every day. I got that mouse done it's very cute. We will have to plan a day to bring it up!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete