Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Fun With Dad

I am closing in on my first full 5 day work week away from Ian. It hasn't been too bad knowing that Shawn is home with Ian and it helps that I've been really busy with work and had a giant project role added the day I returned that will have me very busy for some time to come. I know it will be harder when he starts daycare and his perfected routine is turned upside down.

Each day this week, I've also had errands after work to that meant getting home with two hours or less until Ian's bath and bedtime, meaning I've been getting almost no fun and games time with him.

Luckily, he hasn't been leading a boring life in my absence. The videos and pics show a little bit of why time home with dad isn't so horrible. To boot, Shawn has been teaching him really important skills, such as saying "Quack Quack" and waving his hands. Not "banana" or "drink" or "more". Just "Quack Quack". I'm also hoping to get some pictures of Shawn flying Ian by his overall straps and "landing" him on Polli, furniture, plants, etc. Things I wouldn't think of in a million years. Moms are so boring!



First experience with bubbles. So fascinating.

Polli and Ian bonding over bubbles


It's amazing what kind of work goes into these photo shoots


Ian's first experience with "baby crayons". In the end, Shawn got a mark on his shirt and threw them away. Dad's are always starting things and then spoiling the fun in the end! (It's OK. Ian didn't really care about them and moved onto another toy).



He never had morning hair like this when I was home. I have a feeling it had some help.


Ian's new ball shooter is a lot of fun. It's really just a hairdryer with cool colors and chutes. I'm sure a dad invented it by accident with his shop vac.


This picture is titled: "The cheaper of our childcare options" or "Ian's first plumber's crack"

This isn't related to being at home with dad, but I just had to throw in a shot of Ian and Polli together. They often play with the same toys. They are sharing here, too. So cute (until Polli chews the toy beyond recognition and we have to throw it away). In this case, it's the two parts to a formula dispenser.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph! Sorry I haven't been in touch, although I am an avid reader of Ian's blog :) Looks like Dad is having too much fun! Maybe he should consider a second career in hair care....:)

    ReplyDelete