Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It Doesn't Snow in Wenzhou

Tomorrow marks 2 months since Hu Xiang Xuan walked through Sea Tac airport's immigration and officially became Ian Xuan Mrzena, US Citizen.

Shortly after arriving home, we received some snow, which would be Ian's first experience with the white stuff. Wenzhou is in southeast China and is fairly warm/humid most of the year, so needless to say, they don't see much snow.

Ian wasn't thrilled with the first round of snow and only lasted about 5 minutes before we headed back inside. The second dusting melted before he was awake, but today we woke to several inches. While I was at work, Shawn and Ian joined Polli outside for some fun in the snow. From what I'm told, he was curious about it, but quickly expressed his apprehension. It's a little like his reaction to our plants. He wants to pet the leaves, but then quickly wants them to go away. We wonder if maybe he thinks they are animals of some kind. Perhaps it's the same with snow. If his acclimation to Polli is any example, he'll be rolling around in the snow by springtime!

Below are a few pics of Ian in the snow. We happen to love pictures of him crying only because he's so darn adorable. You can't help but say "Awww!!!". I saw these pictures in an email halfway through my day today and it took all my energy not to race home and comfort him. Bless him for trying to brave the snow. He'd better get used to the cold. Doesn't he know that his future career as a hockey goalie requires that he love ice?

Ian's first snow experience with snow in November.


Today's snow. Ian's thinking: "Dad, are you sure we want to go out there?...And I think mom said something about wearing a hat."

"I was scared of this? I'm not scared of this stuff!"

"Polli, you keep a lookout for dad. I'm going to make a break for the house."

"I'm done! Take me inside now!"

"NOW!!!"

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you Ian. Just the thought of being subjected to snow (or cold weather for that matter)brings tears to my eyes. I really love your yellow jacket though.

    ReplyDelete