Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Snow... or...Ian the Foodie

As expected, I ran out of things to say this week. We had a fairly normal week... Wake up, go to work/school, come home, eat, play, sleep. Repeat.


I started taking a Circuit Training Class twice a week at our gym and it's kicking my butt, although I'm in pretty good shape already. Shawn simultaneously started a class on alternate days called "Six Pack Abs". I haven't seen it, but I'm willing to bet it's a class full of 40 something and 50 something men longing for their young tummies. Ha. Well, it's kicking his butt, too.
Anyway, we're both sore and tired, and both have crazy work schedules right now. What a problem to have, I know. I'm actually begging to get work off my plate, I have so much to do right now.

I'm glad to have tomorrow off, though. Not for fun, but primarily to focus on Ian's Speech Therapy evaluation at the school district. They will test his speech, cognitive, and gross/fine motor to determine if he is delayed enough for services to continue there after he turns three. Although he is only receiving speech services now, it's possible that they'll find him behind in motor. I have no idea what's age appropriate in those other areas. I truly care the most about speech.

After that appointment, he'll be needing a nap, after which we plan to meet Grandma Trish for lunch. Since it's normally her day to have him, it seemed only fair to give her a chance to see him. She leaves Saturday for a short trip to Arizona to see Kristen's parents and my parents. I can't wait to see what she thinks of that area.

On a sad note, Shawn's uncle Andy got laid off from his job last week. He had been with that company for over 20 years and it was pretty much the only company he worked for his entire adult life. If anyone knows of a company in Minnesota needing an amazing Software Engineer experienced with legacy networks, mainframe computer systems, and UNIX, please let me know.

So below are a couple pictures after today's surprise snow storm, that only seemed to hit our area (there were several inches on the ground at lunch but melted to this by the end of the day). Following are several great pictures of our evening at Grandma and Grandpa's house last weekend.

The boy who was petrified of snow is now beside himself with glee over it... but still refuses to wear gloves.

Offering me a bite. He wanted to eat all the snow. As long as it wasn't yellow, I was fine with it.

Mommy and Ian getting a little crazy


It looks like we've both had a little too much to drink!


Trust me, we ALL do this when we eat Grandma Trish's homemade pickles.

What goes better with a pickle than BACON!

Grandma says "Grandpa Tom, keep bringing home the bacon!"



Still eating. We grazed all night.



Hanging out with Uncle Mark

Checking out a picture of himself on the digital frame. He looks so young there!

Good times like that get great big smiles like this!

2 comments:

  1. And what a cutie Foodie he is!

    I know - don't you just wish you could freeze time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he was eating pickles and bacon! Sounds like something I craved when preggo!
    HA!

    ReplyDelete