Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Ian Part 2

As promised, it was a crazy weekend! After the fun we had in Seattle on Saturday, I had no idea what to expect at Ian's birthday get together on Sunday.

It was fairly laid back, but just crazy enough to keep things interesting. Ian met his great uncle Andrew (Grandma Trish's baby brother) who is in town visiting from Minnesota.

He also did a great job of opening presents...something he was not interested in doing at Christmas. He opened about 4 before he focused in on those gifts, leaving lots to open and examine later.

The best part of the day just had to be the cake... actually cupcakes. I got the Coldstone Creamery ice cream cupcakes and they were awesome. I highly recommend them. Ian ate about half each of two flavors and did a great job. The pictures speak for themselves. He loved Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles. I got a tiny piece of video. I need to fiddle with it a bit, so I'll post it another day.

Unfortunately, Ian had been brewing a nice cold, thanks I'm sure, to the outing in the rain (and wet feet) in Seattle the day before. He was not a happy camper on the ride home and literally screamed at the top of his lungs the entire 45 minute drive home. It was horrible.

He slept great once in his crib though, so I crossed ear infection off my list and determined it was just lots of congestion that was probably made worse by the ice cream. I kept him home yesterday as a precaution, and he slept all but about 6 hours of the day (up at 10, down at 1, up at 5, down at 8). It did the trick. He was almost 100% by this morning. I only wish I could bounce back that fast!

He also braved the eye doctor today and it went great. His prescription is still fine (thank goodness) and they have an awesome play area that he loved. Naturally, he played trains the entire time. An identical set that he has at home. Creature of habit. I sat next to him to play, but was in his way and pointed to the play kitchen on the other side of the room and said "Mommy, you go make dinner, OK?". So, the stereotyping has begun!

Please enjoy a few of the pictures from his birthday... I only took 260!

Last year to now. Huge difference!


Heading out to Grandma Trish & Grandpa Tom's house

Polli in big sister mode


Unwrapping presents. I think he's starting to grasp the concept.


Reading the user documentation for one of his toys.


Playing with the best toy of all.. a "choo choo house" for his train track.


Enjoying his first Peep. That's my boy. (He actually took one bite and gave the rest to me. Score!)


Reading a story with daddy


Making bead necklaces with Grandma

Enjoying his ice cream cupcake


REALLY enjoying his ice cream cupcake!


The Red Velvet cupcake... my personal favorite.

Hugs from Uncle Andrew


The morning after. Love this hair.

1 comment: