Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And the Snow Just Keeps Coming

After the events of Saturday, we weren't quite sure what Sunday would bring, but Ian bounced back just fine and was his normal crazy self by morning. He still has a cough and some nasty nose stuff, but so does every other kid at his school. It's just that time of year.

Sunday, we got another round of snow, and he insisted on going outside. We pulled out the snowball maker and played endlessly with snowballs and his dump truck. Because he still refuses to wear gloves outside, the outings only lasted 20-30 minutes at a time, bringing him in periodically to warm his hands. I think I could make a fortune if I could only come up with a glove or mitten that a 2-3 year old will keep on their hands.

The rest of Sunday was "arts and crafts" galore. We played with playdoh, attempted to make a thank you card for Aunt Lu, and played with daddy's prize Lego crane. I was shocked that Shawn actually let Ian touch it... it is normally on a high shelf in his garage. He showed Ian how to raise and lower the crane arm using the hydraulic pump...and several days later, he is still playing gently with it. Shocking.

Yesterday, I worked from home and then picked Ian up early from school for his speech therapy appointment. Unfortunately, Mona cancelled due to the snow. It was about that time that I was hit with a major stomach bug that forced me to skip the gym and retreat to bed while Ian and Shawn played.

I was up all night...literally... and couldn't wait to get Ian and Shawn out of the house this morning so I could try to get some sleep. Polli and I are about to crash again, but in the meantime, I wanted to get a few pictures up from the weekend.



Watching the kids sled at the park from the upstairs bedroom.


Playing with Shawn's Lego crane

Playing with Playdoh accessories

Helping daddy fix a toy

Helping mommy make cards

Loading up the snowballs

He said "Snowballs taste like ice cream"

No comments:

Post a Comment