Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've Been Tagged

My friend Tracy at A Red Thread To China tagged me for this fun game... The idea is to go to the 4th picture folder on my computer, pick the 4th picture and explain it. Here goes:


So, the fourth folder in "My Pictures" happens to be a folder of Ian's first day with us. That folder didn't make it in my city specific "China" folders somehow and was out of order. Lucky for me that this happened to be the 4th picture in that folder. It's the very first picture I took of Ian at the Civil Affairs office in Hangzhou.

Love at first sight for me. I instantly went into mom mode. Not so much for Shawn. It was exciting, but it took a while for it to sink in for him, and ultimately his month off work with Ian to really get in a groove.

He is still such a peaceful sleeper and good at it, too. He sleeps an easy 12 hours plus typically a long nap, and I can count on one hand the number of night's he's woke up crying since his initally recovery from jet lag. I should count myself lucky and quit bragging so much. He's guaranteed to be a holy terror as a teenager. Isn't that how karma works?

Below are a few more of him snoozing away.

I'm not on my normal computer, so I can't tag the people I would like to. I'll have to do that later.

Thanks for tagging me, Tracy and letting me take that little trip down memory lane!


Looks just like his little frog there. June, 2008

Sleeping past 10am at Grandma's house... Without that music player next to him, all things might not be possible. Best $20 I've ever spent...Seriously. August, 2008



Sweet dreams big boy. Definitely not that baby in the first picture! January, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love your 4th photo! What an amazing picture. Look how sweet he is! I can see why it was love at first sight for you.

    Charlotte and I "fell in live" sotospeak (well, more in love, as I think I was definitely in love with her from referral pic and on) on that first day after we got back from the civil affairs office and after awhile Adam had to go do paperwork. So Charlotte and I just laid on the bed and stared at each other for a long time, and I talked to her softly. By the time Adam got back, she wanted nothing to do with him for the next 4 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - I meant "fell in love", not live - LOL

    ReplyDelete