Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Run of Good Days

Ian had a great week after the incident with leg cramps, ick, and so many other developments from the last post.

He met his new speech therapist, Mona, who took over for his last therapist, who was moving on to other job duties. I'm so sad to lose her, but Mona is really nice and will be good for Ian, too. She's not much of a dog person (and was wearing black pants...in the house of yellow dog hair!), so Polli had to stay outside for a whole hour. It was brutal. Ian did a great job with her and was very talkative and silly.

Friday, Ian had a great day with Grandma Trish, redeeming himself after a couple of cranky weeks with difficult naptimes. Thank goodness she still wants the job after a rough August. I guess her "probation" is over and the fun can begin.

Shawn had an all day dive on Saturday, so Ian and I spent the day together relaxing and playing. Nothing out of control. I did take him to the mall WITHOUT a stroller, which was interesting. He refused to try on baseball caps, only fell twice, and hit his cheek on a display shelf at GapKids. Uneventful by my grading.

Today, I left to go workout before Ian was awake and then went to do some grocery shopping. It was some much needed "me" time after a full day yesterday and a week without Shawn this week. When I arrived home, Ian was just getting up from his nap and eating lunch. We then took off for Red Robin, where Shawn and I ate burgers and Ian had ranch dressing....and one fry that was nothing more than a vehicle to get the ranch in his system. Hey, my kid eats really healthy and takes his vitamins, so I let this one slide.

Shawn leaves bright and early for Las Vegas (boo hoo) but his trip the following week to Orlando has been cancelled, so my marathon single mom fest has been cut in half. What a relief, although part of me was looking forward to the challenge... A few days into this week will reinforce the good news this brings, though, I'm sure!



Ian loves to wash his hands now that he has this (questionably safe) stool. If I can get him to quit hanging from the edge of the sink, it will be an accomplishment. He doesn't care that I did that as a child and broke the sink (and my head).

A rare fussy moment from his time with Grandma. She takes a cue from me here and runs for the camera instead of doling out kisses.

Shawn's Lego creation. Nice, but...

Ian likes mine better... complete with two car garage.

Ian made it clear to me that his "rig" wouldn't fit, so we built on a shop to fit it. Shawn was quick to point out that the rig doesn't actually fit (sour grapes).

And then Ian came up with his version. I think he wins the competition hands down.

Storytime... It's the Maisey book from US Airways that his Grama & Paga gave him on his birthday. It's about transportation, so he loves it... Polli does, too, as her smile shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment