Friday, September 19, 2008

Ian's New Wagon

Another fabulous day with Grandma Trish. Today, she brought with her a shiny new Radio Flyer wagon! I've wanted one for Ian since day 1, and it's the kind of thing he'll be able to use his entire childhood and then pass on to his own child someday. It's his first heirloom.

While I was at work today, apparently Grandma introduced Ian to the wonders of Slinky. The old fashioned sharp metal edged kind that should have been banned a long time ago. Yeah, that one.

It'll be two whole weeks before he sees her again since next Friday will be a day of adventure for Ian. I bought him a book about the airport and have started talking about going on a trip to Grama & Paga's house and going for a ride in an airplane. I'm not sure he gets any of it or maybe it will all come rushing back when we get into the airport. We'll see. I'm so excited for my parents to see how much he has changed since his birthday. He was hardly talking then and has grown a ton.

Cute anecdote from today: I turned on the TV and The Goodnight Show was on Sprout. The host was talking about snuggling and signed hug/snuggle, and Ian spent the rest of the evening signing Snuggle and asking for snuggles, giggling uncontrollably when we would launch forward for a snuggle. It's how we got him to eat his dinner. One bite, snuggle, chew/chew/chew/swallow, snuggle, bite, etc. It was so cute.

Another cute anecdote: This morning, Trish slapped her leg and said "Oh shoot!". Ian immediately launched into a leg-slapping "oh shoot!" fest, jumping around the room slapping his leg and yelling Oh Shoot! Good thing she only said shoot!

Checking out his new wagon. Polli seems interested, but...


...wasn't having any part of our attempts to take her for a ride

Prepping for his first ride. Gotta bundle up first! We went from 80 to 60 in less than a week's time. It was freezing today!

...and she made me think I could leave my son in her care and have a worry free work day. Can you say justification for stay at home parenting?! Yikes, grandma!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the slinky scarf! Dave and I joke that my parents would allow my children to play with knives and a bag of broken glass before having to say NO to them. "Well, they wanted it."
    Grandparents don't like telling the children no. Get used to it :)
    Cool wagon! Ian will have fun with it. Not too sure about poor Polli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys love wagons. Our little guy is nuts about his.

    ReplyDelete