Friday, August 22, 2008

Ian Loves Grandma Trish

So, today was Ian's day with Grandma Trish. She missed last week due to a long suffering tooth ache, but she was back for two visits this week! She came on Wednesday to meet Ian's speech therapist and stuck around for the whole day. Today was her "normal" Ian day and she was back for more fun with the little guy.

When she arrived today, he was still sleeping and she was busily playing and laughing with him when I left for work. They had a fun day at a huge waterfall attraction a mile from our house. It's a huge landmark in our area and I've shamefully never taken him. He was in awe of the "bubbles", and I'm really glad she took him. It sounds like they had a great time.

He was hard on her at nap time though, and I probably didn't make it any better. I have a hard time understanding Ian not napping. He's a professional sleeper. But, having grandma around means lots of hugs and "up" time, so why would he want to go to sleep...grandma's here! So, Trish, I'm sorry for giving you a hard time about his nap. He's 2. He'll miss naps once in a while and somehow, I think he'll survive just fine. I promise I'll lighten up.

Not to leave my mom out of the grandma love, we are firming up details on a trip for Ian and me to head down to Phoenix the first part of October. Ian hasn't seen my parents since his birthday and I really want him to have good quality time with them, like he gets with Shawn's parents. Plus, we can lay by the pool for 4 days. That's always a plus!

So, tomorrow, we head into Seattle to Shawn's alma mater, The Art Institute of Seattle, for a photo shoot for our agency. Ian has been invited to participate in a media campaign and we might just make it in a few shots, too. They put out a yearly calendar, lots of marketing materials, and for their website branding. Who wouldn't want Ian to be their poster child? If his cute little face makes a family forget their reservations about adoption, special needs, or China, I'm happy. We'll get a CD of all the pictures taken, so hopefully we can consider this a family photo opportunity. We have no decent pictures of us as a family and we've been home for 9 months. Shameful!

Below are a few pictures with my new camera. For those not following along, Shawn took it diving and the underwater case for it failed, ruining it. I replaced it with a nearly identical version...I just loved my Canon Powershot, so why mess with a good thing? Shawn on the other hand punished himself for ruining my camera by promptly running out and ordering an underwater camera that is about 10 times as expensive as mine. He has a funny way of showing remorse!


Ian woke on Monday morning and wanted to play on the "road", his city rug on his bedroom floor. He also insisted on the train tracks, which are not as easy to put together as it looks!


Could there be a happier boy? Look at those smiles!



Having a morning snack with his hat. He likes it on for a minute and then usually flings it across the room.

Working on drinking without a lid. He knows he HAS to have it on a circle (coaster) and is pretty good until he gets excited and tips it too far...then out comes the lid.

Trying on Grandma's shoes. Is it just me or does he almost fit these?



Having a nice conversation with Grandma... Hopefully apologizing for not being the perfect grandchild for once.


Saying HI! to buddha... but getting ahhemmm.... A bit too personal!


4 comments:

  1. What great pics. The one of Trish and Ian is a real keeper. Hopefully we will be able to see one of Grama Pat and Ian real soon.Good luck on the photo shoot.Will we get to see the spread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet relationship. It's so neat that he gets to spend time with Grandma Trish regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooo cute! Glad that he's got such a special relationship with his grandma - they are such blessings for our kids!

    We got TA on Friday - gotta start packing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sure does love his Grandma - I love that one of the two of them! You should frame it!

    ReplyDelete