Sunday, April 27, 2008

Here Comes The Sun!

Old man winter has finally given up his grip on us, laying down the last of the snow last weekend. Yesterday, we woke to a beautiful sunny morning with the promise of warmer temperatures.

The plan was to finally have a family outing to the dog park. It's all I had been talking about for weeks and I was particularly excited to see Ian with the hundreds of dogs that were sure to be there...Oh, and Polli would probably have fun, too.

We headed out after nap and lunch, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot my camera! It is the first time in almost 6 months that I haven't had my camera at the ready 24/7. I've never been so disappointed in myself. You'll just have to take my word for it that Ian and Polli both had a great time. Ian pointed excitedly at every dog and got up the nerve to approach a couple of them. He's interested, but still a little bashful. One woman got upset when he tried to approach her dogs, saying... "Watch your child. These dogs are known to nip." Well, then don't bring them to an off leash park!

We made a trip through the Starbucks drive-thru on the way home and Ian somehow managed to stay awake for the drive back. Both kids were pretty wiped out and later, slept without a peep. Polli, practically asking to sleep in her crate, which is a rarity.

As for the rest of the weekend, it was pretty low key, but still fun. Shawn showed Ian how to fill a bucket with the hose, which Ian wanted to do again as soon as he woke up this morning. Hopefully that's a good sign for the introduction to water, since his swimming lessons start next Sunday.

He also got another ride on car. A little like the car my parents bought him for his birthday, this one is smaller and much like the cars they have on the playground at school. He is always sad to leave it behind when I pick him up, so we went to Target and found something similar for inside the house. He calls it his "beep beep".

I should also add that I received a call at work on Friday stating that Ian had fallen, face first at school and had a cut under his eye. They said they iced it and he was acting and looking fine, but had to call by regulation. I was glad they did call. If I had seen it without knowing about it, I would have had a lot of questions. I called later in the day to make sure he was acting OK, and that it didn't need stitches, but they said he was back to his normal self. I tried to get pictures of it, but it's hard to pick up the color of his eye with a flash...without a flash produces a blur of a kid...so believe me when I say that Ian has his first shiner. I'm sure it won't be his last! Later in the evening, we were in his bedroom and he slipped on a book and fell backward against the edge of his new toybox. It gave him a gigantic lump on the back of his head, but thankfully it didn't break skin or cause any panic that sent me running for the emergency room. Poor little guy. He had a rough Friday, but made up for it with a really great Saturday and Sunday.

I've added a few pictures that were just too cute to leave out. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Let's cross our fingers that this nice weather sticks around for a while...we've earned a nice summer!


This is the best shot I could get of his black eye. It got a little worse on Saturday, but is looking better already today.


Just do what the movie stars do to make it better... Cover up the owies.



Shawn & Ian were wrestling on the stair landing... Ian is signing "more".

Pushing dad on the beep beep.

Curious of the water. He was soaked after this.

Too cute for a caption.

I can do it myself!

Ian made a fun game this morning out of taking his socks off and asking me to put them back on...over and over.

Can't you see how fun this was?

Ian & Polli chasing each other. Another fun game that cost us zero dollars.

1 comment:

  1. Ian is sooooo stinkin cute!!!!! He looks like he is full of personality too, so happy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete