Thursday, December 27, 2007

Orphanage Pics

We sent a care package to Ian at the orphanage back in July containing a disposable camera. There's never a guarantee that they'll use and/or return it, but we did get it back when we picked Ian up in Hangzhou.


I've been forgetting to drop it off to be developed, but finally got around to it. Eventually, I suspect that disposable cameras with be throw aways with small SD cards to avoid the need to deal with Fred Flintstone film. My mother in law might disagree, but old school film is such a major pain! I still have undeveloped film laying around from our trip to Italy 2 years ago....But I digress.

Without further ado, here are a few of the better pics from the roll of film taken at the Wenzhou CWI (I suspect they're from July or August since he's in tank tops in many of them). I think he looks a bit sickly, but it could just seem that way because he's come so far since coming home. I am glad to see that they had him standing. Although it could be just posing for pictures, it's nice to see him on his feet.










2 comments:

  1. They gave you a crying one. Priceless. Well they are all priceless but crying is surprising.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. stephanie and Shawn, Thank God for your heart. those pics just made me cry. To think those sweet babies are only there because they aren't perfect. Too bad the people there don't understand that none of us are perfect. But at least some of the babies are being rescued from that life.Only can pray all the babies will have parents like you who will not only meet there physical needs but their emotional needs and to love them more than life. God bless you . Jo

    ReplyDelete