Thursday, October 18, 2007

Much Ado About Cargo Room



There comes a time on just about every blog where the author begins blogging about random stuff... In many cases, it's because without some reason to reach out, especially this close to travel, one might go crazy. I'm at that point.

Rather than fill you all in on what I ate for breakfast or the latest cute anecdote of Polli the Wonder Frenchie, I thought I might mention the vehicle I hope to have in the next 6 months or so... I'm currently smitten with the GMC Acadia.

I feel like my beloved Spongebob mobile (Honda Element) may be wearing out it's welcome soon. We'll see how I feel when Ian comes, but although it is the perfect car for me now, I have a hard time believing that I will be able to easily maneuver the clamshell doors around a stroller...in the rain... in a parking lot. It's already hard enough to get Polli in and out without a lot of work, so I can't imagine what it will be like with a squirming toddler. We shall see. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

In the meantime, I have been pondering what I would get when I do get a new vehicle. It WILL NOT...I repeat WILL NOT be a mini-van. No offense to all you MV folks. I just don't want one. I will however take the next best thing...a crossover. What I didn't want was a big beast...Shawn already has one of those. I also didn't want a regular car (no room for a dog crate)... So a crossover it is!

The GMC Acadia is new, well made, reasonably priced, seats 8, and is highly configurable....for a crate, Costco trip, grandparent visit, etc. It also has 2 sunroofs, drop down theater, and a heads up display, which is pretty cool. It would be great if the side door slid rather than opened out, but then I suppose it would be a minivan.

If you're still reading, thanks for letting me drone on about nothing...We travel in just over a week and I needed a reason to be off topic, even if only for a few minutes.

OK, back to planning. I'm sure there's a list to rewrite or a floor to clean somewhere!

4 comments:

  1. We had an Element and loved it with our two boys!!! You did have to consider where you were going to park, because opening the doors could be tricky. Now I drive a volkswagon passat and somehow I am going to shove 3 kids in the back. **I know, somehow we went backwards. Long story.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, another vehicle for me to fantasize about! Just got to you blog and plan to enjoy looking around and look forward to following your trip. Gina (Caleeo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the same family day as us! We may see you in GZ. Your son is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Random word of advice that you've probably already thought of: Don't forget to put the car seat in whatever car you're going to have pick you up from the airport. If you're leaving a car at the airport, don't forget to put it in the car before you go!!

    I'm looking forward to reading about your trip to go get Ian, and hopefully we won't be too much behind you to get our Min!!
    ~~Laura (from RQ)

    ReplyDelete