Thursday, October 4, 2007

Expiration Dates

I have nothing important to say. Live goes on, red X's slowly ticking away the days on the calendar. I'm counting in so many ways now: One more Costco trip; 2 more mortgage payments; 4 more Survivor episodes; 4 more weekends (chances to sleep in); 4 more tanks of gas…

And finally, as I opened my yogurt this morning, I notice that the expiration date is 11/07/07. When this yogurt goes bad, I'll be a new mom. The things this process drives us to think about. If I were pregnant, I would be big as a house and saying "get this kid out of me" "epidural, NOW!"… That kind of stuff. I feel just about that fidgety. "Get me on the plane, now!" That's what I'm feeling today.

So as the days countdown and we wait for our travel visas to come back, I'll sit here eating my yogurt…thinking about what life will be like a month from now.

2 comments:

  1. Your son is ADORABLE! How cute are those cheeks!! You guys must be sooo excited! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When this yogurt goes bad, I'll be a new mom."

    How utterly profound (it took all I had to not say "udderly" in the above sentence!).

    Ian is gorgeous. These last few weeks are the worst (I know -- we traveled Nov.1 - 18 last year and were supposed to get our baby on Nov. 6 but that got backed up to the 7th. A year, to the day, that your yogurt is set to go bad!

    Congratulations. I can't wait to follow your journey to Ian.

    ReplyDelete