Friday, September 28, 2007

18 Months Ago Today...


On Tuesday March 28th, 2006, I probably woke to my alarm at 4:00am, thinking "Is it Friday yet?". I'm sure I warmed up my car, wondering if the rain would ever end and thought about what he heck to make for dinner. Later that day, after meetings and a splitting headache, I most likely headed to the gym, wondering how long I would make it on the spin bike before heading for the hot tub.

Later, after taking Polli for her evening W-A-L-K, I changed into my PJ's, brushed my teeth for exactly 2 minutes, settled in for some time with Tivo, and was soon out like a light before my head hit the pillow.

While all these things are typical for me and most others on a seemingly ordinary Tuesday in March, there was one major difference that set this day apart from any other... Somewhere in a small coastal town thousands of miles away, our son Ian was coming into the world.

So, today on September 28th, 2007, 18 months later, we wait (not so patiently) for just one more month to board a plane. On our way to being a family of three...plus one very unprepared French Bulldog.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    My son is just same age as yours :) He´s born on the 14th of March in Kunming China. We´re just about to send our LOI and Dossier to China!! Looking forward to fallow your trip to China.
    Birna B
    bir@simnet.is

    ReplyDelete