Friday, August 17, 2007

Start Packing... Travel Approval is Here!

I guess it's time to seriously start making lists and checking them twice...and not for Santa. For our long awaited trip to Ian! As I suspected, I received "the call" today that our Travel Approval has arrived! Sadly, our very meticulously planned process has gone without a hitch except for this last piece. A year ago, we had already identified that we would need to travel after September for a bunch of reasons that I won't bore you with again. Ian found us at the right time, but this last segment of the process took a little fast than we had thought it would. Without a solid itinerary in hand, we'll plan to head off into the sunset at the end of October. If you're curious as to why, read the post below. It tells the story in greater than necessary detail. In a nutshell, this is the last piece of information we need from China before boarding a plane. They can't easily change their minds now... they're stuck with us now. Here we come, ready or not!

So, now we plan...and wait...and wait...and plan... and then revise our plan...and then wait a bit more. When most of today's other TA's are boarding a plane in early September, I'll be sitting in from of this computer, I'm sure, driving myself crazy with last minute details! Here's to all the families getting their travel notices today and in the next few weeks!

3 comments:

  1. YAAA HOOO!!! Congrats to you Steph!! I cannot wait to see that little peanut in your arms! You are about to experience the best feeling in the whole world. Motherhood is the hardest job that you will absolutely LOVE!! Now get packing!!

    Hugs,
    April & Aiden

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, exactly HOW did I miss this (it's MONDAY now)???

    That is sooo EXCITING!

    Got your message on my blog, and I'm sorry about your husband's work schedule, but maybe we'll be traveling together! Two boys! Now that's not something you see every day in Adoption World.

    Congrats, hugs, jealous sideways glances, and all the good stuff.

    Can't wait to see the "after" photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm just catching up on my blog reading now that we're back home. What exciting news! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete