Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A New Picture!

Is this the same little boy we laid eyes on for the first time only weeks ago? The same little bald head in those first grainy pictures emailed, then printed, then printed again, then scanned, then uploaded?


It is! Believe it or not, this little guy is growing up with or without us. Although we had no idea how old those first pictures were, we now know for sure that he is exactly 14 months old in this one.

A family taking their daughter on her heritage trip to Wenzhou was extremely kind and offered to take pictures of Ian for us. I was floored by the generosity. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

He looks very healthy, is starting to grow hair like no tomorrow, and is CHUBBY! So much for those 12 month clothes I've bought so far. He is not walking yet, but probably will be soon. I'm sure he'll be zooming around like no tomorrow by the time we travel!

A special thank you to Dana and her family for visiting Ian's CWI and taking the time to see him. It confirmed for us that he is happy, healthy, and waiting patiently for us to come get him.

Hopefully he'll have other visitors on our behalf soon...and a doctor's visit (that I'm sure he won't appreciate) to get new measurements. He's bound to start wondering why all the special treatment. Hopefully his caretakers are telling him he has a mama & baba coming for him...and hopefully he understands what that means.
Next step: We're ordering his furniture and bedding this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Steph,
    he is so cute!!he looks so healthy!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I'm jealous! I want new pics of Bennett! What a cutie, and they are close in age... Ben is turning 1 yr 5 months on Sunday... I will take those 12 mo clothes off your hands! Name your price, girlfriend. I paypal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It's Amber from the Yahoo Microtia Group. Your little boy is SO cute!! I am so happy for you. It will be no time and he will be here and you can watch his little personality grow. I know what you mean about chubby! My little guy was nine months when we brought him home and he was in 18 months!!

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only are you receiving the most precious gift; you are also a precious gift to your son. Take care of one another always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph,

    Oh how I love those cheeks!! YOu could just kiss then for days!! Congrats on your PA. And I say shop, shop, shop til you drop!

    Hugs,

    April & Aiden

    ReplyDelete