Wednesday, March 14, 2007

#$@&! Our Dossier is on the Way to China!



Less than 48 hours after sending our final documents to our agency, I received a call that our documents are on their way to China! I can't quite figure out how they got the documents back from the consulate in SF so quickly, but I don't really care. All I know is we are DONE with paperwork.

I didn't quite know what to do with myself when I got off the phone with our agency rep. I felt like I had just gotten the "You're Pregnant" call from my doctor. Since I didn't have to worry about doing something to harm the baby, I went to Trader Joe's for a bottle of fancy $3 Shiraz and swung by Starbucks for a triple grande wet cappaccino...on a Wednesday! This news has made me wild and crazy!

So, now that we know that May 1 and the rule change is a non issue, we can seriously consider the one child file that we have or choose to wait for the agency's next batch of special needs files to see if our little boy is in that group.

I personally want to consider the boy that we have a file on, but Shawn is concerned that he is too old. We asked for 18-36 months and he will turn 3 in August, a couple of months before we'll probably travel... but he doesn't understand fully that he will be behind a bit and not the average 3+ year old when we meet him. Besides, I'm not sure how a couple of months will matter.

We have some talking to do. We'll see how it plays out in the next few weeks as we get over the numbness and start to make decisions.

Now I need to find a good pediatrician and start on a rough draft of our Letter of Intent. That will have to be accepted by China once we ask for a particular child.

The roller coaster never ends! This is no typical pregnancy!






1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being DTA! Now you have the freedom to pursue whichever road is best for you.

    ReplyDelete