Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Long Time No See!

Im back...well sort of. As you can see, I have some built in grammatical issues stemming from my laptop drama. I reinstalled the OS twice, updated drivers, waited for parts from Dell, and still I have issues with my keyboard. My apostrophe/quote key sticks (i.e. doesnt work except to spontaneously type apostrophes any time it wants). I am waiting for a replacement keyboard to fix that issue, but I can at least function now and finally get an update posted!

Ironically, there isnt a ton to say. We had a fairly normal work/school week last week with Friday being the highlight. Grandma Trish was in Minnesota visiting family, so Shawn and I split the day with Ian. Shawn took him in the AM, then dropped him off at my office and we made the rounds, then enjoyed my companys first of several employee Summer BBQs. We were able to visit some of my coworkers who havent seen him for a year or more and had a few snacks to boot. It was a lot of fun.

On Saturday, I took Ian and Polli to the dog park, ran a ton of errands, and hung around the neighborhood parks. We have had no measurable rain in the Seattle area for 26 days. If it stays dry through tomorrow, we will break an all time record for dry May/June weather.

Sunday, I was leading a hike in the morning while Shawn and Ian slept in and did lazy things in the yard. Overall, the weekend went fast but was the perfect mix of busy and lazy. Just like I like it.

Yesterday (Monday), I led another hike and missed Ians bedtime. When I came home, I found a big box in the living room decorated like a boat. As it turns out, this was the one and only toy Shawn and Ian played with all evening. If only my Ian shifts were so easy!

Were about 2 weeks until Shawn leaves for his dive trip to Rotan, Honduras. During that time, I should also have some of my busiest work schedule all year. Great timing! Hopefully, we all come out unscathed...especially since this is also the week I plan to move Ian to a big boy bed. We have promised him a sleeping bag in his bed when we switch and he is very excited about camping in his bed.

Below are just some of the many pictures that have been backing up since my last picture post. Enjoy!


Enjoying diner food one day last week. How nutritious...Fries and Mac/Cheese!

I love these sleeping in the car pics. They never get old.


Playing with a new puzzle game. He has to take the different shapes and match them to the cards. I love these kinds of toys.

This kid is so limber. I cant waint to get him into a gymnastics class.

Chatting with daddy

Big thumbs up from Ian. He actually left his hat on for 30 minutes. Shocking. I told him he had to wear a hat outside in Maui. I think he can do it.

Playing with a boy at the park. He only spoke Chinese and it only took Ian a few minutes before he was babbling Chinese gibberish to the kid. I was shocked. I dont think he was saying anything, but he was making the right tones. Amazing.

Ian getting in a good workout in the garage.

Moving on to the weights

Getting unauthorized candy from my friend Oscar. He picked the Nerds.

Hanging out with my friend Brandon. They both look so trendy.


Posing with my manager, Jeff. Amazing to see how much he has grown since their last photo op together.

Getting to work in a managers office.


On the walkpath outside my office. We walked to the park and back (OK, I carried him most of the way).

Hard to see, but our groundcover was full of bumblebees.

So glad we got great blooms this year. It looks pretty cool against all the green.

At the dog park

Watering the bamboo


Splashing in a puddle. Whee!

Row row row your boat! Way to be creative, daddy!

Ians Boat
...That dad made at Dads Shipyard
He ate and played in this thing for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment