Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Ian Part 1

Ian turns 3 today! He is pretty adamant that he is "only 4", but I'm not quite ready to put another year behind us. Who knows what will happen in the next year. If this year was any indicator of how quickly things change, we're in for a wild ride.

Shawn is on an all day dive today in the Hood Canal and will be spending the night at his parents' house. It should be a good time for him since this is his first major dive of the year and he hasn't been to Hood Canal yet. He's really starting to get in obsession mode as his trip to Roatan, Honduras draws near.

We will be meeting up at Grandma & Grandpa's house tomorrow to celebrate Ian's birthday, Grandma's belated birthday (3/17)....and Shawn's Uncle Andy is in town from MN for 2 weeks. He has not met Ian yet and I haven't seen him for at least 7 years, so it should be a fun day. I wish my parents could be here, but I can't blame them for staying home... Our weather sucks and it's beautiful in Arizona... but Maui is only 5 months away, so we'll hold on until then.

I originally planned to stay in all day today and kick potty training into high gear with an all day "big boy pants" agenda. Guilt (and a fear of a boring day in) has gotten the better of me and I've decided that today will be a great day to head into Seattle to the Children's Museum. It will either be a blast or a disaster without a second adult to help, but we shall see. I've seen mom's with several kids do it without a problem... Not sure if I'm that mom, but it's worth a try.

With all that said, I'm bound to have a stockpile of pictures and stories of our weekend by the time it's said and done. Cross your fingers that it all comes off without a hitch!

To tide you over until the chaos subsides, here's a quick video of Ian's morning wake up. Not much, but my goal was to get a hello out to Grama & Paga in AZ.

2 comments:

  1. That was so cute. Thanks Ian. It made our day. Wish we could be there. Love, Grama and Paga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you are such a good mommy! What a cute video. Happy Birthday Ian!

    ReplyDelete