Monday, December 15, 2008

Another Hodgepodge Weekend

We had a pretty blah week last week with just a routine day in and day out. Things picked up over the weekend though, and we had a lot of fun. Considering we were socked in a bit because of the cold, snow, and ice, we actually accomplished a lot (It's been in the 20's and super cold...yes, we're wimps. That's actually really cold for us). I even managed to log about 5 hours wrapping presents off Ian's radar (and I'm not quite done yet).

Yesterday, Shawn had an early hockey game and we decided it was a perfect opportunity to show him hockey in real life. He loves to watch on TV with Shawn, so we were looking forward to letting him see daddy play. Shawn fell once (only once) and Ian said "Daddy fall down. Daddy's crying, huh?". I told him "no, daddy's not crying. Hockey players don't cry when they fall down because it doesn't hurt. Daddy's happy he gets to play with the hockey puck". He understood and was riveted to the game from then on.

Another cute anecdote from the weekend: We were standing in the TV room window watching the wind "play" in the bamboo. A group of crows flew by and Ian asked sadly, "where crows go?". I told him the crows were going home for breakfast, and then asked him "what do you think crows eat for breakfast?" He answered quickly and matter of factly: "Chicken".

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the school district to prepare for Ian's transition from state funded "birth to 3" speech services to the public school system. I personally think 3 is a little young to be a ward of the public school district's decisions, but it is what it is. I'm interested to see if they will be advocates for him as much as his current therapist has been.

I'm hoping to get him to see Santa this week. We'll see if I can squeeze it in. I'm not looking forward to doing it on the weekend. Anyone who has stood in line with a 2 year old for any length of time understands.


See below for some great pictures of our weekend:


Check out that hair... Definitely not the baby with the receding hairline in our first pictures of him.

Yesterday, Ian asked over and over again to "go lay down". I took his temperature, gave him Ibuprofen, and worried like crazy. In the end, he just wanted to lay down.


He told us twice "change diaper!", and "poopy!". We looked and nothing was happening, but a few minutes later, it was clear that he was actually trying to tell us that something was ABOUT to happen!

Sitting on the potty is a real headache!


It's not what you think... This is actually the face we get when we ask him to smile.


I love this picture. He looks so grown up.


I'm gutsy enough to post a picture of myself with no makeup on... Yikes!

OK.. Now I have my face on. Ian actually took this picture. Not bad!


Ian's new hat. He did a great job of keeping it on, but he looks like he's ready to jump in a low rider. Show some respect, hommes!

Watching his first hockey game! He watched the whole time but especially liked the "hockey rink tractor"... the zamboni.

Having fun at the hockey rink. He was right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment