Monday, October 20, 2008

Dog Park - Take 2

On Sunday, after Shawn left for his hockey game, Ian and I took Polli to the dog park for what might be our last trip until Winter has come and gone. We've had another "brisk" yet sunny weekend, which typically makes for a good time at the dog park.

It was packed and Ian took off running as soon as we got there. He and Polli were free at last, jumping and playing in the fields like it was Christmas Day. Ian tried to body slam a little Pekinese...thinking a "snuggle" for one dog is a snuggle for all dogs. I tried telling him that we shouldn't snuggle dogs we don't know. He was disappointed, but I think he got it.

Later, he saw a wagon of beagle puppies and told the owner they needed a blanket... and waved night night to them as we walked away.

We ended with a trip through the Starbucks drive-thru for Chai (for me) and a steamed milk for Ian (we call it Ian's coffee).

After dinner, he got to watch 2 Little Einsteins episodes, then it was story time before lights out.

Another fun day with my kids. Below are a few pics from the dog park (similar to pics from our last trip). I've also thrown in a few misc. shots from the weekend.


There is a remote control plane park next to the dog park... He was almost as interested in the planes as the dogs.


There's no hiding a happy dog.

Petting the puppies. He was especially worried that they were sleeping without a blanket.

Walking with Polli

Who knew a 2 year old could be this happy all the time?

Eating his "goldfish chips"

Step one in his favorite game "Dad Flips": Crouch down, slap his knees...

Step 2: Run, and... FLIP!

I like these stylish jeans...$12 at Old Navy, but look like the True Religion brand jeans that Nordstrom's has the nerve to sell for toddlers... for $79. As if! I think he looks about 6 feet tall at this angle.

2 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH, he's just cuter every time I check in :) Especially love the blue jeans one at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of him on the couch grinning - that might be my favorite on of him ever!

    ReplyDelete