Thursday, August 14, 2008

More "Then & Now"

I've been slacking off again! Sorry, but I've had a rough time with another sinus infection (at least number 6 since the bad one I had in China). I've also been extremely busy at work, and probably my biggest reason for a silent blog is why everyone else is quiet too... The Olympics. I can't take my eyes off the Olympics in China, but even more, I can't take my eyes off the swimming competitions. If I were 15 years younger, I would be smitten with Michael Phelps, but now that I'm old enough to feel embarrassed about such thoughts, I'm just in awe of what an amazing athlete he is. He's right up there with Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong for me. Like Tiger did for golf, Phelps will get kids interested in swimming.


So, enough of that... I was so shocked by the Before and After pics I put together of Ian in his car seat, I couldn't resist to make more comparisons. I'm with him every day, so I don't see his transformations the way some of you have. Seeing those pictures side by side really blew my mind.

Along the same lines, Ian has started having fits that I think might be growing pains in his legs. He clenches his teeth, locks his legs, and rubs or hits his legs, crying in frustration. It only happens in the morning and lasts a few seconds to a few minutes. More bananas? We'll see how that helps. He has a doctor's appointment for a check up in 2 weeks, so we'll see what the verdict is then. I am no stranger to growing pains. They are among the most vivid memories of my childhood and I still have bad leg cramps frequently even now. I hate for Ian to go through that, but I suppose it's part of getting big. Why does he have to get big? Can't he be a baby forever? I guess he was just staying baby sized long enough for me to experience it a little before he got up, ran off and left the baby stuff behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment