Friday, February 1, 2008

Gone Daddy Gone

Shawn started back to work yesterday! He is now also reunited with big people again. I remember what a good feeling it was to get up and go on my first day back...having conversations with adults...using my brain for complex resolutions other than how to neatly navigate a diaper blow out or creative ways to keep a toddler happy. On the flip side, I also remember the empty feeling of not seeing Ian for such a long period of time and wondering if he was missing me...or if he was on his way to the ER at that very moment.

Shawn was very anxious to get back to work. He is the first to admit that stay at home mom's have a tough job. I, too, have a hard time imagining staying home all day every day...without breaking into the martini fixings during naptime.

So, since Shawn started back yesterday and Ian doesn't start daycare until Monday, we were left with a gap...a perfect gap for grandma Trish to fill! Shawn's mom was happy to jump at the chance at some alone time with Ian, so we invited her out to stay for a couple of days. She arrived Wednesday afternoon and leaves tonight. Two full days with her grandson. Can it get any better for a grandparent? I know it's so hard for my mom and dad, being so far away in Arizona. I so wish they could see Ian more often! I know the day will come though, that their place will be the fun place to go for summer fun...and we can ship him off for a week to play in the sun with his Grama & Paga!

Trish had a great time yesterday with Ian and by all accounts, things went seamlessly. He woke, ate, napped, and played as usual. He really is a 'go with the flow' kid and not much fazes him. Having a different caretaker didn't bother him a bit, which gives me much hope that he will acclimate to daycare without too much issue.

Since Trish is the one and only person supporting the "old school" film industry together, I was not able to get many pictures of their adventures together, but there are a few gems. I've also included pics of Shawn's final at-home-made toy with Ian, Lego Rollerskates, and Ian looking at a picture of my parents.

Ian's new kicks...This is how Olympic calibur hockey players start out!

Legos have never been so much fun!

Hangin out with Polli & Grandma!

Grandma, can you drink from a sippy? It's easy, just tilt your head back and close your eyes...

These people look vaguely familiar...they bought me my piano? In that case, I like 'em!

1 comment:

  1. We miss you too Ian. Shawn is so creative with those legos and is it the pictures or is Trish's hair more blond?

    ReplyDelete