Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ian Takes a Vacation

Yesterday, I woke Ian from his content slumber at 3:30am to get dressed and ready to leave for the airport. We flew from Seattle to Phoenix at 6am to introduce him to my parents, his Grama & Paga (my family's word for Grandpa).

We were able to board first (person travelling with small child & all) and ended up with an empty seat between us and the man in the aisle on an almost full plane. Great luck! Even better, the guy in our aisle has 4 kids, so he knew things could and probably would go south at some point (pun...we were all going south. Ha). Ian did really great. He fell asleep as we taxi'd and although he only slept for about 30 minutes, he ate for about 40 minutes and then played quietly in my lap with NO toys. What a creative kid. We mostly snuggled and tickled. He didn't whine once in the 2+ hours.

We met my parents in the airport and it was very exciting. Ian wasn't sure who they were, but was happy with no tears or apprehension. By the time we left baggage claim, there were all kinds of smiles and giggles. He was even getting comfortable with Paga holding him...and he's can seem big and scary at first to some, so this was a good thing.

When we arrived to their house, it was Christmas early! There were tons of fun toys for Ian to open and he loved a sounds/lights/movement choo choo that pulls animals and sings a song...the same song over and over again. I'll be singing it in my sleep. Thanks, mom & dad!

He took a nap with zero issues, ate like a champ, and slept great with only one wake up... being in yet another strange place, that was pretty darn good, I think. I'm still constantly amazed at how adaptable he is.

We made a trip to the mall and Toys R Us today and hopefully tomorrow will be nice enough to go to the zoo! It has been very cold and rainy here in Phoenix since I arrived, which stinks since I left cold and rain in Seattle. Oh well. It's winter everywhere, I guess!

I found out today that Ian has Giardia, so I need to pick up meds and wash my hands extra good after changes, although it's not a huge surprise. I know there was an recent outbreak at his orphanage from what other families have mentioned. He's also a tad anemic, so we're back to vitamin drops until that comes back up.

Below are a few pics from yesterday and today:





Maybe basketball is his sport



He really liked his new piano... Jerry Lee Lewis, move over!

Christmas early! Ian already likes Arizona!

Cruising the patio with Paga


Paga and Ian love to dance


Ian and his Grama

Ian likes to sit in this plastic tub and play with his toys. Life's simple pleasures!

2 comments:

  1. Stephani,
    It is amazing how much Ian looks like his paga. In the picture with grama paga looks just like Ian!!!
    Great to see such happy pix of the rest of the family. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. I would like AZ too with all the new toys.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete