Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Travel Itinerary

Here we are almost a month past receiving our Travel Approval and I'm just now booking our plane tickets! Families with our same TA date are in China now meeting their babies. I thought that would be really hard to take, but I'm too busy trying to tie up loose ends at work and home to obsess too much. I still can't stand that we still have 6 weeks to go, but hopefully the time will fly by.

Thanks to Shawn's travels abroad in the past year or so, he had enough miles to allow us a couple of options... 1) Upgrade to Business Class from Seattle to China, or 2) Pay for a majority of coach tickets. After much thought, we decided to go with the savings on coach. After all, we planned to buy Ian a seat home, afraid of what 15 hours with a 19 month our laps would be like.

We ended up getting our tickets for half price, which is a great thing because Ian's one way ticket was almost as much as an adult round trip ticket. Oy!

Unfortunately, to use our miles, we had to shift our departure dates by one day. So, will a little in-country tweaking still to be done, here's our itinerary:

October 29th: Leave for China
October 30th: Arrive in Beijing
November 3rd: Fly to Hangzhou
November 5th: Family Day! Ian is ours!
November 9th: Fly to Guangzhou
November 16th: Fly home

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'll be in DisneyWorld on your forever family day. I'll be bringing my laptop and telling Mickey I have other important things to do!
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - we may very well be in China at the same time! I am so excited you have booked your tickets!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete