Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Virtual Moving Day


Welcome! I am slowly moving my blog over from MSN Spaces. (I loved this picture. Who hasn't tried this at least once?) Being a Microsoft house, moving to the competition was a tough decision for me (they are directly funding our adoption through the adoption subsidy they offer and the paychecks that keep a roof over our heads) but I was becoming really limited in what I could do on that platform. Before long, I'll probably start developing my own independent site. My ultimate goal is to be able to drop in video and picture collages while we're in China and beyond.

If anyone has any WYSIWYG tips on doing that in Blogger, leave a comment! I'm still a little CSS and HTML stupid, so go easy. I'm also wondering how hard it is to create a custom theme. I want to design a backdrop similar to how our son's room will look, but again... ignorance is my strong point right now.

Stay tuned as I add in more widgets and goodies. Hopefully we'll even have progress on our adoption process to report before long. In the meantime, Polli will be the star of the show, as she probably thinks she will be forever...if only she knew about the slobber, snot, screaming that will converge upon her in the coming months. Poor thing. Sleep now, lovely puppy dog. You'll be getting a workout running from a sticky babbling giant before long! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment